4 weeks, 4 rounds. The rule was simple: the last hunter standing wins. Back to the first edition of the Hunters Survival Game.
HSG#1 was held from June 6 to July 3. For one month, some of the best Yogosha hackers competed for the title of Master of the Hunt.
The rules were as follows:
- No teams ;
- 4 Rounds, each lasting one week ;
- Score resets each round ;
- First Blood on each program on each round gets x1.5 the kudos ;
- Critical vulnerabilities gets x2 the kudos ;
- Winner’s Prize: 2.500€
Obviously, each round was more difficult than the previous one:
- ROUND #1 – Free for All, Top 100 Hunters were invited to participate. Targets: VDP & bug bounty programs – including non-profit ones from Hack4Values. In the end, 25% of the total participants were eliminated ;
- ROUND #2 – Targets: All bug bounty programs. In the end, 50% of the total participants were eliminated ;
- ROUND #3 – Targets: A selection of bug bounty programs. In the end, 75% of the total participants were eliminated ;
- ROUND #4 – Targets: 4 bug bounty programs. In the end, the hunter with the most kudos won.
Without further ado, here are the results and some insights into the overall performance of the tournament.
A special thanks to all the participating hunters. We will keep you informed of the next HSG date. Until then, our (fantastic) triage team needs a break!